About me

Hello, I'm Toby, I live in Toulouse, France. This is my blog for sharing recipes with my friends and family around the world I do this with my mum. I hope you enjoy cooking and eating the food as much as my family!

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Apple and Cinnamon Cake


Serves 8-10
250g/9oz self raising flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
100g/4oz light muscovado sugar (or light brown sugar)
175g/6oz sultanas or raisins
125ml/4fl oz sunflower oil
2 eggs, beaten
125ml/4fl oz apple juice
2 dessert apples (not peeled), grated
25g/1oz slivered or flaked almonds
icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, Gas 4). Line a 23cm/9in round deep cake tin with baking paper. Sift the flour into a bowl with the cinnamon and baking powder, then stir in the sugar and sultanas. Make a well in the centre and stir in the oil, eggs, apple juice and grated apple until well mixed.
2. Pour the mixture into the tin, scatter with almonds, then bake for 40-45 minutes until firm in the centre or a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for about 5 minutes, then turn out and cool on a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar.
Tip: check on the cake after about 30 minutes, as I have found that this is usually about long enough, but it will depend on the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment