About me

Hello, I'm Toby, I live in Toulouse, France. This is my blog for sharing recipes with my friends and family around the world I do this with my mum. I hope you enjoy cooking and eating the food as much as my family!

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Choc Crunchies

Serves 8-10
200g/8oz digestive biscuits
100g/4oz butter
3 tbsp golden syrup
2tbsp cocoa powder
50g/2oz raisins
200g/8oz dark (or milk) chocolate
1. Butter an 18cm/7in sandwich tin. Seal the biscuits in a strong polythene bag and bash into uneven crumbs with a rolling pin.
2. Melt the butter and syrup in a pan. Stir in the cocoa and raisins, then thoroughly stir in the biscuit crumbs. Spoon into the tin and press down firmly.
3. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Spread over the biscuit base and chill for about half an hour.
Tip: I have actually doubled the amount of chocolate (the recipe calls for 100g/4oz) as this amount gives a much better covering. The recipe says that this can be kept for up to a week wrapped in foil – but it never lasts that long!


Posted by Sarah Purvis

No comments:

Post a Comment