About me

Hello, I'm Toby, I live in Toulouse, France. This is my blog for sharing recipes with my friends and family around the world I do this with my mum. I hope you enjoy cooking and eating the food as much as my family!

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Broccoli Lemon Chicken



Serves 2 (but easy to make for more people)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bitesize pieces (or use goujons)
2 garlic cloves, sliced
200 grams of broccoli, florets halved if on the large side
200ml/7 fl oz chicken stock
1 heaped tsp cornflour
1 tbsp clear honey
zest and juice of 1 lemon
large handful of roasted cashews
basmati rice, or noodles, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the chicken and fry for 3-4 minutes until lightly golden. Add the garlic and broccoli. Stir fry for a minute or so, then cover and cook for 2 minutes more until almost tender.
2. Mix the stock, cornflour and honey well, then pour into the pan and stir until thickened.
3. Add the lemon zest and juice, and the cashew nuts. Stir, then serve straight away with the basmati rice or noodles.
Tip: go gently on the adding the lemon juice in step 3, as I’ve found that you only really need juice from 1/2 a lemon, for a 2 people serving, to create the slightly tangy, yummy taste.
This has been adapted from a BBC Good Food recipe.

Posted by Mark Purvis

No comments:

Post a Comment