About me

Hello, I'm Toby, I live in Toulouse, France. This is my blog for sharing recipes with my friends and family around the world I do this with my mum. I hope you enjoy cooking and eating the food as much as my family!

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Sarah's smoked Salmon Frittata

Serves 4
500g/1lb 2 oz new potatoes, thickly sliced
200g pack smoked salmon
8 large eggs
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
100g/4oz frozen peas
3 tbsp olive oil
1. Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water until just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and leave to cool slightly. Cut the salmon into wide strips. Crack the eggs into a bowl, beat with a fork until foamy, then stir in the smoked salmon, dill and peas, and season. Finally stir in the potatoes.
2. Heat three tablespoons of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and carefully pour in the egg mixture. Cook over a fairly low heat for 10-15 minutes, until the egg is starting to set just under the surface.
3. Put a plate over the pan and invert the frittata on to it. Slide it back into the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes to brown the underside. Slide on to a plate and cool for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.

Posted by Mark Purvis

No comments:

Post a Comment