About me

Hello, I'm Toby, I live in Toulouse, France. This is my blog for sharing recipes with my friends and family around the world I do this with my mum. I hope you enjoy cooking and eating the food as much as my family!

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Chicken parmigiana

The combination of sweet tomato sauce and cheesy/breadcrumb topping makes this a bit of a winner for children.

Serves 4

2 large skinless chicken breasts, halved through the middle
2 eggs, beaten
75g breadcrumbs
75g parmesan, grated
1 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 x 690 jar passata (this isn't available in France, so I use tins of chopped tomatoes)
1 tsp caster sugar
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 125g ball light mozzarella, torn


Place the chicken between cling film sheets and bash out with a rolling pin until they are the thickness of a one pound coin. Dip in the egg, then the breadcrumbs, mixed with half the parmesan. Set aside on a plate in the fridge while you make the sauce.

Heat the oil and garlic in a pan for 1 min, then tip in the passata/tomatoes, sugar and oregano. Season and simmer for 5-10 mins.

Heat grill to high and cook the chicken for 5 mins on each side, then remove. Pour the tomato sauce into a shallow ovenproof dish and top with the chicken. Scatter over the mozarella and remaining parmesan and grill for 3-4 mins until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling.

Serve with vegetables or salad and some pasta or potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment