About me

Hello, I'm Toby, I live in Toulouse, France. This is my blog for sharing recipes with my friends and family around the world I do this with my mum. I hope you enjoy cooking and eating the food as much as my family!

Wednesday 7 December 2011

fruity muffins recipe

Ingredients:

  • 280g (2 cups) self raising flour
  • 175g (1.5 cup) ground almonds
  • 300g (1.5 cup) caster sugar
  • 260g (1.5 cup) craisins (dried cranberries)
  • 80ml (1/3 cup) olive or vegetable oil
  • 225ml (1 cup) milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 small bananas, mashed
  • 2 red apples, cored, quartered and finely sliced/ grated
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon caster sugar, extra

Method:

Preheat oven to 180°C and place paper cases in muffin tray (12 large or 18 cupcake size).
Sift flour into large bowl, add ground almonds, caster sugar and cranberries, mix well. In a glass jug, measure out oil, add milk and eggs, whisk to combine.
Pour liquid into dry ingredients, add mashed banana and mix until just combined. Spoon mixture into paper cases and press 2-3 slices of apple, skin up, into muffins.
Sprinkle with combined cinnamon and extra caster sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted into the muffin comes out clean.

Notes:

If you need to hide the apple, peel, grate and add with the banana.

posted by Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment