About me

Hello, I'm Toby, I live in Toulouse, France. This is my blog for sharing recipes with my friends and family around the world I do this with my mum. I hope you enjoy cooking and eating the food as much as my family!

Friday 23 December 2011

Christmas Cookie Workshop

Today we had over our American-French friends William, and twins Sophie and Julia for a cookie/biscuit workshop (depending on which side of the Atlantic you're from).

Thanks to a much-loved gift from Sarah-Jane of a crate of cutters and an old Nigella recipe, much fun and successful biscuits were had all round.

Happy Christmas and Holidays to everyone and here's the world's best cut-out cookie recipe ever for happy workshops everytime....

175g soft unsalted butter
200g caster sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
400g plain flour, plus more if needed and for sprinkling
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

To decorate: icing sugar, hot water and a variety of sprinkles, choc chips, raisins etc

Preheat oven to 180C.

Cream butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy, then beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the butter and eggs and mix gently but surely. If you think the dough is too sticky to be rolled, add flour very sparingly.

Halve the dough, form into fat discs, wrap in clingfilm and leave to rest in the fridge for at least an hour.

When ready to use, roll to around 1/2 cm thick on a floured surface and use a cutter to form the shapes. Place on baking sheets lined with greaseproof paper a little way apart as they will spread slightly. Bake for 8-12 mins until lightly golden around the edges. Leave to cool before icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment