About me

Hello, I'm Toby, I live in Toulouse, France. This is my blog for sharing recipes with my friends and family around the world I do this with my mum. I hope you enjoy cooking and eating the food as much as my family!

Saturday 17 December 2011

GOBBLE-OINK PIE

(For those who do not understand gobble-oink pie - Turkey and Ham)
Serves 6 (courtesy of Jamie Oliver)

1 small swede (peeled and roughly chopped)
2 sweet potatoes (peeled and roughly chopped)
knob of butter
olive oil
2 carrots (finely chopped)
1 celery stick (finely chopped)
1 medium onion (finely chopped)
2 garlic cloves (peeled and crushed)
500g (1lb 2oz) turkey mince or leftover shredded turkey
100g (3 and a half ozs) ham, shredded
500 ml (18fl oz) organic chicken or vegetable stock
Sage leaves (finely chopped)

Preheat the oven to 180c/Gas 4. Boil the swede and sweet potatoes in a pan of water for 20 minutes or until soft. Drain and leave to steam dry, then mash with butter and set aside.

Meanwhile, heat a glug of oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Cook the carrots, celery, onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until softened.

Add the turkey and cook for another 10 minutes (Skip this stage if using cooked turkey). Throw in the ham, stock and sage and leave it all to bubble for another 10 minutes. Spoon into little oven-proof dishes and top with the mash.

Bake for 20-25 minutes until hot through and golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment