About me

Hello, I'm Toby, I live in Toulouse, France. This is my blog for sharing recipes with my friends and family around the world I do this with my mum. I hope you enjoy cooking and eating the food as much as my family!

Saturday 17 December 2011

Rudolph's rocket fuel

or winter vegetable soup

Serves 6-8

6 medium carrots chopped
1 parsnip chopped
1 large potato chopped
1 leek chopped
1 medium onion chopped
1 apple cored and chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Olive oil
Sweet paprika and toast to serve

Throw the vegetables and apple into a large pan with the garlic an a good glug of olive oil and mix it all up. Season to taste (minimally if cooking for young children). Cook on a medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the vegetables start to soften. Add 2 litres (3 and a half pints) of water to the pan, bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer.

Cook for 30 minutes, until all the vegetables are soft. Blitz with a hand blender until smooth. Sprinkle with sweet paprika and serve with buttered toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment