About me

Hello, I'm Toby, I live in Toulouse, France. This is my blog for sharing recipes with my friends and family around the world I do this with my mum. I hope you enjoy cooking and eating the food as much as my family!

Monday 5 December 2011

White chocolate raspberry tart

An Ideal Home mag recipe, this is a lovely blend of the sharpness of raspberries with the richness of frangipane.

Serves 8-12
  • 350g raspberries
  • 75g caster sugar
  • 4 tbsps orange liqueur
For the frangipane
  • 100g white chocolate
  • 115g butter at room temperature
  • 115g caster sugar
  • 3 medium eggs, beaten
  • 115g ground almonds
  • 50g plain flour
  • 375g sweet shortcrust pastry, baked blind and left in tin
  • 1tbsp flaked almonds
Mix the raspberries with the sugar and liqueur and leave to stand for an hour.

Preheat oven to 150C/gas 2. To make the frangipane, break the chocolate into pieces and melt in a bowl over hot water. Put butter in a large bowl and cream with the sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs a little at a time, interspersing with almonds and flour. Beat in chocolate.

Spoon half the frangipane into the tart shell, remove raspberries from the bowl using a slotted spoon and sprinkle over the frangipane. Spoon over the rest of the frangipane, level and sprinkle with the flaked almonds. Bake for 1 hr until golden and springy.

Serve dusted with icing sugar and either ice-cream, crème fraîche or orange-flavoured cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment