About me

Hello, I'm Toby, I live in Toulouse, France. This is my blog for sharing recipes with my friends and family around the world I do this with my mum. I hope you enjoy cooking and eating the food as much as my family!

Monday 23 January 2012

Spinach and Roquefort tart

This is easy, light and rich.

I have made this quiche lots of times both for our vegetarian family and friends and is equally popular with non vegetarians. It has a strong flavour but very tasty.

Serves 4-6 depending on your appetite

500g (1lb 2oz) ready made puff pastry
25g (1oz) butter
1 red onion finely sliced
125g (4.5 ozs spinach (leaf only)
150g (5.5 ozs) Roquefort cheese
100g (3.5 ozs) mascarpone cheese
4 eggs
Black pepper

Push the pastry evenly into a tart dish, lining the base and walls, then trim. Prick the base.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Preheat the oven to 180c/gas mark 4. Melt the butter in a pan over a low heat and add the onion.

Cook slowly, with the lid on, for 10 minutes. Add the spinach and cook, stirring regularly. After 2 minutes it should be wilted. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.

Mix the Roquefort and mascarpone together in a bowl. Add the eggs and pepper and whisk well. Add the mixture to the cooled spinach.

Pour the mixture into the tart and bake for approximately 45-60 minutes

1 comment:

  1. I have made this quiche lots of times both for our vegetarian family and friends and is equally popular with non vegetarians. It has a strong flavour but very tasty.

    ReplyDelete