About me

Hello, I'm Toby, I live in Toulouse, France. This is my blog for sharing recipes with my friends and family around the world I do this with my mum. I hope you enjoy cooking and eating the food as much as my family!

Saturday 17 December 2011

BAUBLES AND BEANS (meatball ragu)

Serves 4

250g (9 ozs) minced pork
250g (9 ozs) minced beef
Olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 medium onion finely chopped
2 x 400 g tins chopped tomatoes
1 x 400g tin cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
Large handful of spinach chopped

Mix all the mince in a bowl and stir in 3-4 tablespoons cold water. roll the mixture into about 16 meatballs. Heat a glug of oil in a deep frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the meatballs till browned on all sides, in batches if need be. Add the garlic, onion and tomatoes to the pan and leave to bubble for 10 minutes. Add the beans and cook for another 10 minutes or until the sauce is shiny and thick. Just before serviing, stir in the spinach until it wilts. Delicious with mash and extra greens,

No comments:

Post a Comment