About me

Hello, I'm Toby, I live in Toulouse, France. This is my blog for sharing recipes with my friends and family around the world I do this with my mum. I hope you enjoy cooking and eating the food as much as my family!

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Pork and Apple Braise

Serves 4
500g/1lb 2oz pork tenderloin
1tbsp plain flour, seasoned
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 apple, cored and cut into thin wedges, skin on
300ml/ 1/2 pint chicken or vegetable stock
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Cut the pork crossways into 2cm/ 3/4 in slices and coat in the seasoned flour. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan and fry the pork in small batches, then remove and set aside.
2. Fry the onion in the remaining oil until soft and golden brown. Add the apple and fry until it has slightly caramelised. Slowly stir in the stock, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pan.
3. Return the pork to the pan and add the bay leaves and mustard. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, adding a little more water or stock if necessary. Stir in the parsley and season to taste before serving.
Tip: serve with mashed or baked potatoes and green veg.

Posted by Mark Purvis

No comments:

Post a Comment