About me

Hello, I'm Toby, I live in Toulouse, France. This is my blog for sharing recipes with my friends and family around the world I do this with my mum. I hope you enjoy cooking and eating the food as much as my family!

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Fudge

To make 36 pieces you will need:

450g of icing sugar

100g (4oz) white marshmallows

2 tablespoons of milk

100g (40z) of butter (best if unsalted)

half a tea spoon of vanilla essence ( optional )

2 drops or any food colouring

and a 18 cm shallow cake tin

1. Line the tin with grease proof paper.

2. Wipe a little cooking oil over the paper

3. Sift the icing sugar into a large bowl then make a hollow in the middle.

4. Using scissors cut the marshmallous in half. Put them in a saucepan with milk, butter and vanilla essence.

5. Heat the pan on a low heat, until everything has melted. Stir with a wooden spoon

6. Put the mixture into the hollow in the sugar. Stir everything well until it is smooth. Then mix in the food colouring.

7. Put the fudge into the tin a push and it into the corners. Leave it to cool, then put it into the fridge for 3 hours to go firm.

8. Loosen the edges of the fudge with a blunt knife, then turn it out on to a chopping board.

peel off the paper.

9. Cut the fudge into pieces, then put in to an airtight container. Put the fudge into the fridge for an hour to harden. Hope you enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment